As we experience the shocks of the Covid-19 pandemic, it’s clear that the effects will go on for many years, and has revealed cracks in our society that have long existed.
Join a growing consortium of organisations who are collaborating to organise a hackathon to allow us to rebuild a future that is more socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable.
The Build Back Better Hackathon will take place over the weekend of 19th and 20th September and involve thousands of participants to work on challenges focused on health, inclusive work, sustainable communities, food systems, education and more to create solutions for a better future for people and planet. This is an opportunity to connect with others that are motivated to make real change and to be part of something that none of us could do alone.
The Hackathon consortium is looking for people who can contribute in the following ways:
- Providing expertise and mentoring on key social and environmental issues – identifying or curating the challenges the Hackathon will tackle, advising participants and judging the solutions.
- Partnership building and fundraising – spreading the word to your networks, enrolling partners, generating offers in kind or cash and recruiting expert mentors.
- Marketing, PR and social media – helping to promote the Hackathon widely to partners, mentors, participants and the press.
- Tech tools and website building – providing technical tools, making sure they are set up for the Hackthon and that guidance is available on how to use them for mentors and participants to navigate the Hackathon successfully.
- Sponsorship to help cover our vital costs, offer a stipend to those who are giving their time and prizes to allow the successful solutions to be developed further.
- Just being willing to muck in and help!
If you are interested in getting involved, complete this short form.