Place Category: Communities
Royal Voluntary Service wants to help create a society where everyone feels valued and involved whatever their age. We are one of the largest volunteer organisations in the country.
Our 35,000 volunteers help older people stay active, independent and able to continue to contribute to society. They do this by providing practical and emotional help where and when it’s needed.
Social Impact Declaration: Social-Impact-Declaration_RVS.pdf
Social Impact Statements:
Social Impact Statements
The Social Enterprise Mark criteria includes a requirement that the applicant can demonstrate that social and/or environmental objectives are being achieved.
In support of this, new applicants and renewing Mark holders must submit Social Impact Statements that summarise their headline activities and achievements, helping show how they are striving to make a difference and stand up to scrutiny of purpose as a social enterprise.
Updated October 2016
1) Services provided and measures
- 1.6million interactions with older people - be these a chat, a laugh or moral support
- 1.6million healthy and delicious meals on wheels delivered
- 110,000 books read and immaginations fed
- 440 cafes, trolley serice and shops in hospitals
- 486 community centres and lunch clubs
- 87,000 journeys with people to the shops, appointments or to visit friends
- 68 community hubs across the country
- 1,079 years of volunteer time shared
- 35,000 volunteers helping to achieve this
2) Measures of support provided
The above services were delivered by our 35,000 volunteers and were accessed by over 100,000 older people across the UK.
The cost of our charitable activities was £47.6M (this includes the operating costs of our retail outlets), this is funded with a combination of retail profit redistribution, fundraising income and grants.
3) Outcomes for beneficiaries
Leicester Home from Hospital service users survey information indicated - 70% improvement in social contact, 52% improvement in confidence.
South Lanarkshire Good Neighbours service - 75% of those using this service reported that they felt more connected to their communities and less isolated as a result.