YOU DRINK, OTHERS DRINK
AUARA, five letters that sound transparent and crystalline, give name to the first social enterprise in Spain which invests 100% of the dividends generated in social projects to provide clean water to people in need through sales of natural mineral water.
We seek to turn the everyday act of drinking water into an extraordinary act – to bring clean drinking water to those who have no access to it. To achieve this, we sell premium branded mineral water and invest 100% of distributable profits in projects providing access to clean drinking water to those in need across the world.
AUARA is the first water brand in Europe and one of the pioneers worldwide to produce its bottles using a 100% recycled PET (rPET).
Social Impact Declaration: Social-Impact-Declaration_AUARA.pdf
Social Impact Statements:
Social Impact Statements
The Social Enterprise Mark criteria includes a requirement that the applicant can demonstrate that social and/or environmental objectives are being achieved.
In support of this, new applicants and renewing Mark holders must submit Social Impact Statements that summarise their headline activities and achievements, helping show how they are striving to make a difference and stand up to scrutiny of purpose as a social enterprise.
Updated September 2016
1) Providing clean water to people in need
To help cease the lack of water in poor communities and to reduce the environmental impact of the bottles of water that we consume.
AUARA invests 100% of its distributable profits in social projects to provide clean water to people in need, promoting awareness about water conservation issues.
AUARA is 100% COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABILITY, being the first water brand in Europe, and one of the pioneers worldwide, to use 100% recycled plastic (rPET) on its bottles. Our bottles have been 100% ECO DESIGNED to be as efficient as possible in terms of transport optimisation.
2) Social outcome targets
AUARA's general social output/outcome targets for 2020 include:
- Providing clean water for 50,000 people in developing countries
- Saving 10 million litres of petrol/oil in PET
- Investing 2.5 million euros in social projects
- Reusing the plastic of 90 million bottles
- Raising awareness about the #watercrisis
Specific examples of project outputs:
- Tamarou, Benin: We will install a water pump in the village school, to ensure clean water access both for the students and for the rest of the village population that, nowadays, have to drink from polluted sources and walk long distances to get water. We expect to dramatically reduce school absenteeism caused by water related diseases
- Roka, Cambodia: We will provide 28 families in Roka (Battambang) who have at least one HIV infected member with baths that ensure adequate sanitary facilities to prevent infections from poor hygiene
3) Benefits created
Specific examples of benefits arising from projects to be supported:
- Tamarou, Benín: Up to 500 school students and 2,000 village inhabitants will see benefit from clean water access and sanitation, leading to reductions in infection and deseases, and improvements in their life quality
- Roka, Cambodia: 150 people will have access to adequate sanitation, including HIV members on every family helped. Sexual abuse risks will dicrease since women will not have to go to the river for personal hygiene. This will improve their living conditions and quality of life