- More Info
- Related Listing
- Social Impact Declaration
- Social Impact Statements
C3 – Consult and Coach for a Cause is a UAE-based social enterprise set up to help unlock the potential of Middle Eastern social enterprises and maximize their impact on the community.
C3 mobilizes experienced business professionals to share their knowledge on a voluntary basis. We match professionals with social enterprises taking into consideration skills, interests and availability. C3 helps social enterprises clarify their needs into short-term, discrete projects giving professionals a clear time commitment. C3 guides social enterprises through a step-by step process to ensure success and long-term social impact.
Our mission is to mobilize thousands of business professionals to help hundreds of Middle Eastern social enterprises become financially sustainable and demonstrate positive impact on society by 2020.
Social Impact Declaration: Social-Impact-Declaration_C3.pdf
Social Impact Statements:
Social Impact Statements
The Social Enterprise Mark criteria includes a requirement that the applicant can demonstrate that social and/or environmental objectives are being achieved.
In support of this, new applicants and renewing Mark holders must submit Social Impact Statements that summarise their headline activities and achievements, helping show how they are striving to make a difference and stand up to scrutiny of purpose as a social enterprise.
1) Running workshops for social entrepreneurs
In 2015, we have run 9 regular in-person events, workshops in Dubai, Oman and Kuwait (for MIT) for social entrepreneurs, which reached 300+ people and spanned 60 hours of contact time as well as provided access on an ongoing basis to 10 live webinars. The events and workshops cover all aspects of business skills needed to start and scale a social enterprise.
On a one-to-one basis, in 2015 our bank of volunteers have given an additional 109.5 hours of their time and skills to 22 entrepreneurs in 4 different countries in the Middle East, a number of whom are following our accelerator program which if followed, over the course of 1-2 years will help them work towards first round funding.
2) Measures of activities
- 300+ number of people reached by a C3 workshop, event, webinar
- 22 entrepreneurs reached by a C3 volunteer one-to-one consultation in 2015
- £200 p/hr is the value of assistance received in 2015 x 109.5 hours given in one-to-one volunteer consultations + 60 hours given in workshops. Therefore our depth metric equals £33,900 in professional time received by our entrepreneurs if they were to pay market rates. Our assumption for this calculation is that the giving of professional time directly contributes to an improvement in skills and business knowledge for our entrepreneurs
3) Social impact of activities