Place Category: Business Services
ITEC is a non-profit taking company with an excellent track record in delivering capital projects. ITEC aims to increase economic development and employment opportunities in the town of Irvinestown and surrounding hinterland by active community participation in job creation and the promotion and creation of further job opportunities.
Social Impact Statements:
Social Impact Statements
The Social Enterprise Mark criteria includes a requirement that the applicant can demonstrate that social and/or environmental objectives are being achieved.
In support of this, new applicants and renewing Mark holders must submit Social Impact Statements that summarise their headline activities and achievements, helping show how they are striving to make a difference and stand up to scrutiny of purpose as a social enterprise.
Updated May 2016
1) Since its inception in 1992, ITEC has developed a series of community led regeneration initiatives which to date has created over 50,000 sq. ft of fully occupied workspace predominantly on derelict sites. ITEC aim to support job creation and address dereliction.
2) ITEC has generated in excess of 200 jobs across 25 businesses varying from manufacturing, retail and service.
Amongst the business operating from ITEC are:
- a niche market textile industry
- a timber frame construction company
- a rural transport project
- a human milk bank
3) ITEC directly reinvests profits into social development, supporting focused programmes in relation to alcohol and drug awareness, parenting, elderly care, childcare, community advocacy and disability services.
The nucleus for this development is the ARC Centre, a refurbished building based within Sallyswood estate owned and managed by local people, identifying local need and working in partnership with statutory agencies to table responses.