Place Category: Communities
Pentland Community Enterprises Limited was formed in February 2006 as a company limited by shares (company no SC309344). The company has been created to:
* Manage the stock of 462 garages formally managed by its RSL parent company Pentland Housing Association.
* Develop initiatives outwith the scope of its RSL parent company that contribute to the social, economic and cultural development of the Caithness and North Highland community.
* Work in partnership with other organisations and individuals to identify and develop new initiatives to provide investment within Caithness and the North Highlands.
* Contribute to the aims and objectives of its RSL parent company via the reinvestment of its profits. The aims of Pentland Community Enterprise are:
* To provide an efficient and cost effective garage management service which caters for both domestic and commercial customers.
* To identify business and development opportunities that can make a meaningful contribution to the economy of Caithness and the North Highlands.
* To work in partnership with other organisations and individuals in addressing the needs of our community. * To ensure social inclusion and equality of opportunity in all our activities.
Social Impact Statements:
Social Impact Statements
The Social Enterprise Mark criteria includes a requirement that the applicant can demonstrate that social and/or environmental objectives are being achieved.
In support of this, new applicants and renewing Mark holders must submit Social Impact Statements that summarise their headline activities and achievements, helping show how they are striving to make a difference and stand up to scrutiny of purpose as a social enterprise.
Updated November 2015
1) Providing facilities at reduced rate to support learning
We hire out our IT Hub at a reduced rate to the Adult learners to allow them to learn in an environment with wifi, laptops, ipads etc. A member of our team has also signed up for the training.
2) Supporting youth forum
We also hire out the IT Hub at a reduced rate to the Youth Forum to allow them to learn in an environment with wifi, laptops, ipads etc.
We have assisted in giving the Youth Forum a live project to work on the Pentland Groups Newsletter to allow them to have a complete live project for accreditation and certification.
3) Reducing negative environmental impact
We have closed a garage site as was deemed dangerous and are working on a strategy to improve this site to visual and environmental impact. We have upgraded 2 garage sites to improve the environmental impact.
There is new signage for the garage sites to prevent cars for being abandoned on site therefore preventing any environmental damage this may cause