Place Category: Housing
Brighter Futures is a registered social landlord whose purpose is to help people recover a sense of self worth and to live in cohesive communities. It seeks to work with people who may be experiencing social exclusion such as homelessness, mental health issues or complex needs relating to substance misuse. With our partners, we provide a complimentary range of services, for those whose emotional, physical, social or financial situation leaves them excluded and in need of support to live more independently in the community.
Our four key outcomes:
- People – Improve their health, reduce the use of drugs and alcohol and develop skills to help them live in the community.
- Communities – People participate in their community, feel that they belong and are valued.
- Environments – People feel safe in high quality environments where they have control over the choices they make.
- Economics – People become more economically independent, improve their earnings potential, develop new skills and recognise their own worth.
Our four main objectives are:
- Every scheme to be delivering efficient services complying with external quality standards
- Deliver results for customers in housing, employment, health and community engagement
- Provide self-contained accommodation except in specialist schemes where sharing can be justified as a way of delivering results
- Employ and train local people.
Social Impact Declaration: Social-Impact-Declaration_Brighter-Futures.pdf
Social Impact Statements:
Social Impact Statements
The Social Enterprise Mark criteria includes a requirement that the applicant can demonstrate that social and/or environmental objectives are being achieved.
In support of this, new applicants and renewing Mark holders must submit Social Impact Statements that summarise their headline activities and achievements, helping show how they are striving to make a difference and stand up to scrutiny of purpose as a social enterprise.
Updated December 2016
1) Supporting people to lead independent lives
Brighter Futures provides support to those who require extra help to live independent and fulfilled lives. Our customers are people whose life chances, including their health, employability and social skills have been impoverished by the impact of living in deprived areas and on low incomes.
With our partners, we provide a complementary range of services, for those whose emotional, physical, social or financial situation leaves them excluded and in need of support to live more independently in the North Staffordshire community, we are also developing new services in the West Midlands and North West.
We provides the following activities:
- Staffordshire Mental Health Helpline - a self harming support advisory service called ECHO - Provides mutual support for people who have experienced self harm
- Clubhouse network - Supporting people to improve their mental wellbeing, meet new people and learn new skills. At The Clubhouse Network you can meet new people, learn new skills and get support in a safe, welcoming environment
- Tamworth Safe and Well service - the scheme will will support people who are:
- Living alone or as a couple
- At risk of losing their home
- Finding tasks around the home difficult to manage
- Struggling to make or attend appointments with GPs, Dentists, or the Hospital or who are overly reliant on emergency type services
- Need help to sort out bills and debts and what benefits they may be entitled to
- Feeling lonely, depressed or isolated
We also provide a community A&E service that offers intensive, outcome focussed support to people with complex needs and helps people plan a journey of change that helps solve the problems that lead to their drinking.
We also offer the following services
- Property Services: A professional, efficient team providing you with a high quality, comfortable home. We decorate, furnish and maintain Brighter Futures properties. We work to a very high standard making sure that everything in your home works as it should and that it looks and feels modern and homely
- Learning Disability and Floating Support: Provides supported housing and floating support for people with learning disabilities. The scheme brings together services that support people to live more independently and to make positive choices and take control of their lives
2) Creating a positive impact on lives
See our 'Listening to People's Voices' report. The second half of this report demonstrates the social impact Brighter Futures has on the peoples lives they work with.