- Website & Social
- Social Impact Declaration
- Social Impact Statements
At Real Ideas Organisation (RIO) we believe social enterprise has the power to change the world.
We’re passionate about solving social problems and by working with individuals, organisations and sectors we harness the power of social enterprise to deliver real and lasting social change.
We draw on our own very real experience of developing award winning social enterprises to deliver strategic programmes , along with a range of social enterprise solutions – including consultancy, training and business support – to help others realise their ambitions through social enterprise.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Social Impact Statements
The Social Enterprise Mark criteria includes a requirement that the applicant can demonstrate that social and/or environmental objectives are being achieved.
In support of this, new applicants and renewing Mark holders must submit Social Impact Statements that summarise their headline activities and achievements, helping show how they are striving to make a difference and stand up to scrutiny of purpose as a social enterprise.
Updated May 2016
1) RIO aims to help children, young people and the wider community
- Ensuring arts and cultural subjects are embedded in children's education
- Support children and young adults who have cancer
- Provide enterprising opportunities for young people
- Finding a route to employment/education for young people who have been unemployed for longer then 12 months
- Aiding public sector to make the most of their staff/services/assets despite budget pressures and cuts
- Ensuring best use is made from redundant buildings for local communities benefit
2) Supporting new enterprises and social businesses
- RIO have generated over 1 million of new socially enterprising turnover through direct activity with organizations they support.
- We have supported the creation of 21 new enterprises/business units.
- 16 new jobs have been created in RIO and 7 new talent match apprentices. We have also help create 18 new jobs in organisations we have helped to support and grow.
- Around £90,040 in income was generated by SEQ learners 'doing social enterprise for real'.
766 hours of volunteers time has been logged with RIO.
3) Positive long term effects
- 161 have completed a formally accredited report.
- 25 people have entered work as a result of our direct support.
236 learners have achieved SEQ.
- We have provided direct positive support for 2346 learners.
- We have enabled 94 people to engage with community or voluntary activity on a longer term basis.