Place Category: Business Services
The Good Business Club is an alternative business network fostering collaboration, connection and confidence for small, good business owners and freelancers who want to make a difference, as well as a living.
Running a small, good businesses says a lot about who you are. We have built a collaborative space to support businesses like yours to thrive.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Social Impact Statements
The Social Enterprise Mark criteria includes a requirement that the applicant can demonstrate that social and/or environmental objectives are being achieved.
In support of this, new applicants and renewing Mark holders are asked to respond to a set of social impact questions, which are designed to help them think about the social impact they create, and to articulate this clearly and succinctly.
Updated March 2021
1) What are the main social differences you have aimed to make (or supported)?
We support impact-driven business owners to set up and grow sustainable, good businesses so that they can have a wider impact in our world.
We believe good business practices can be shared and adopted by any small business and doing so will help them grow their business.
2) What actions have you taken to deliver the aims described above?
We’ve created a peer support network that makes it easier for good business owners to discover the right growth solutions for their businesses, working with organisations that share their business values.
We host networking events, facilitate an online forum, created a business directory, and facilitate a series of events.
Our team also makes strategic introductions to match-up members to opportunities to help them grow their income, impact, or legacy.
We have grown a social media following and a mailing list to promote our members voices, stories, and offers to give them greater visibility and reach.
3) What has changed, what specific outcomes and benefits have been realised as a result of the above actions?
In 2020 we:
- hosted 37 online network events
- tracked 64 connections made through the Directory
- saw a 2600% increase in engagement on the online forum
- more than doubled our social media and mailing list y/y (organically)
This year, we have put into place tools to measure the impact of member organisations income, impact, and legacy as a way to measure our social impact.
4) Please describe how your income and/or any profits generated from previous years has been maximised in delivering social outputs and adding social value.
As we have grown over the last two years, we have reinvested that profit into hiring a team. We secured some investment in January 2021 to support this growth. Growing a team makes it possible to bring in people with specialist knowledge and expertise so members experience can be improved.
The below questions are not mandatory, but Mark holders are encouraged to answer them where possible, to provide a fuller account of their social outcomes and the social value they create.
5) How do you and other people know your aims are being achieved? Or how will you know?
Each month, the team reviews feedback and impact stories shared with us by members to capture the impact. We share our impact with our members at the end of each year at our end of year networking event.
We have refined our measurement tools this year and look to create an impact report to share externally from this year forward.
6) How many people have benefitted from your actions and what measures of benefit can you report?
- We’ve had 251 business join the Club since launching the social enterprise
- We’ve helped 50+ other businesses by accessing our event series
- Our members have shared new partnerships that were made, sales increased, opportunities accesses, funding raised, and advice sought through their membership. All of which we hope to capture more concisely this year
7) What examples can you provide of a typical service user experience, that help illustrate the benefits they have experienced as a result of your actions?
We have collected some impact case studies, which can be found here: https://www.thegoodbusinessclub.com/impact
8) What social and environmental benefits have you created arising from internal operational policies and other actions?
We offer our team flexible working hours to ensure they have been able to juggle life and work through the pandemic and lockdown.