Place Category: Business Services
SWEDA is a unique agency which has been providing services to the community for over 20 years. SWEDA exists to encourage, inspire and promote the personal and professional development of its clients to achieve their goals regardless of age, intellect, talent or heritage.
Our services include:
- 1:1 Information, Advice & Guidance
- Employment support Help with CVs, interview techniques, application forms, job search
- Business advice, mentoring and training
- Support for new and existing social enterprises (Growing the Social Enterprise Sector in the West Midlands)
- Mentoring and training for young people 16+ years
- UK Online Centre Free ICT Training
- Accredited courses; ICT, First Aid, Food Safety
- SWEDA Womens Business Network
- Training & e-learning
- Microsoft IT Academy
- Friends of SWEDA
Social Impact Declaration: Social-Impact-Declaration_SWEDA.pdf
Social Impact Statements:
Social Impact Statements
The Social Enterprise Mark criteria includes a requirement that the applicant can demonstrate that social and/or environmental objectives are being achieved.
In support of this, new applicants and renewing Mark holders must submit Social Impact Statements that summarise their headline activities and achievements, helping show how they are striving to make a difference and stand up to scrutiny of purpose as a social enterprise.
1) Providing employability support
We have supported in excess of 1,400 individuals either with employability issues or Self-employment concerns.
2) Supporting those affected by dementia
We have worked with partners to increase the awareness of Dementia and provided training and resources to help those affected by this condition including carers and relatives.
3) Supporting local people to develop social enterprise ideas
With Unltd and Sandwell Council, we have helped over 50 local people to access a small grant to develop their Social Enterprise ideas.