Future Make, presented by Real Ideas Organisation, is a holiday club in Plymouth that features a series of groundbreaking programmes and projects for children aged 7 – 11 years old. Get a taste of the future: flying drones, designing tech, creating digital immersive experiences and engineering extreme structures. There will be plenty of opportunities to learn new skills, try out new ideas and – above all – have an awesome time.
- Extreme Engineers Mon 30th March, 9:00am – 3:00pm – You will be an engineer, designing and building your own unique structures and landscapes of the future.
- Remote Operators (Drones, RC Cars, Buggies) Tues 31st March, 9:00am – 3:00pm – What does it take to operate exciting remote technologies in order to capture footage of the future? (Involves plenty of drone flying and extreme fun!)
- Ideas Designers Weds 1st April, 9:00am – 3:00pm – You will be a designer in the ‘ideas factory’, finding out about the creative potential of technology for good – and coming up with your own exciting ideas for the future.
- Immersive Media Creators Thurs 2nd March, 9:00am – 3:00pm – Participants will become digital designers, creating unique immersive experiences through animation, digital mapping, sound design and projection.
- Future Me* Fri 3rd March, 9:00am – 3:00pm – Participants will apply all they have learnt and explored in previous Future Make activity. They’ll then take on a challenge designed exclusively for them!
Children need to bring a packed lunch. Parents are welcome to come early for pick-up and watch some of the afternoon activity. This is a fully supervised activity with all the necessary safeguards in place. You can drop your child for a great day of learning and fun and enjoy the rest of the day!
The cost is £35 per child for one day or £150 per child for the whole week.
For more information and to book places, visit the Real Ideas Organisation website.
*Future Me” is dependent on having attended at least one Future Make holiday activity day or having been part of a 10-week Future Make club.