This seminar will focus on the further action that could be taken to improve enterprise education, and support student and graduate entrepreneurship – examining the roles of Government, universities, the business community and others.
It will be an opportunity to discuss the recently introduced QAA guidance on enterprise and entrepreneurship education, which is designed to support institutions in embedding enterprise within the curriculum across subject disciplines – particularly its fit with government aims outlined in the Industrial Strategy, and in the context of changes in the economy and the labour market.
The agenda includes a keynote contribution from Professor Andrew Penaluna, Director, International Institute for Creative Entrepreneurship, University of Wales Trinity Saint David, who led on the development of the new guidance.
Further confirmed speakers include:
- Caroline Barfoot, Head of Employability and Student Enterprise, Southampton Solent University;
- Simon Bond, Innovation Director, SETsquared;
- Lucy Findlay, Managing Director, Social Enterprise Mark CIC;
- Holly Knower, Chief Executive Officer, NACUE;
- Dr Yaz Iyabo Osho, Programme Leader and Senior Lecturer in Enterprise and Small Business Development, GSM London
- Dr Emma Williams, Founder, EJW Solutions