The City of Coventry has been invited to submit a proposal to the Local Access Programme, a new fund created by ACCESS – The Foundation for Social Investment and Big Society Capital, to take a place based approach to transforming the social economy through blended finance.
Coventry is one of only 12 places invited to take part in a competitive process, where 5 places will be offered a share of £33m of blended finance to develop a strong social economy.
The bid is being developed by Coventry Social Enterprise City Partnership; an informal body made up of Coventry City Council, sectoral support agencies, social enterprise and charity leaders and 2 universities, including Coventry University Social Enterprise. They are now inviting tenders for a research exercise into market opportunities for the social economy in Coventry where sustainable business models might be developed which build the sustainability of charities and social enterprises.
The Partnership requires a specialist consultant with the expertise to identify social economy market opportunities. They expect this work will consist of:
- Undertaking research and analysis of potential market opportunities in Coventry and surrounding areas which have the potential of being delivered by the social economy
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to understand the local context and direction of travel
- Presenting to the partnership conclusions in the form of presentation and report
Early discussions have highlighted the following areas may be useful areas to explore:
- Private Sector (increasing the value of spend by the private sector with social economy organisations)
- Homelessness & Housing Services
- City of Culture 2021
- Young People
A maximum of £10,000 inc expenses
- Excellent track record in research
- Strong end evidenced understanding of the Social Economy (ideally in Coventry)
- Ability to identify, quantify and articulate local market opportunities for social economy organisations
- Willingness to work and consult with key partners and stakeholders
- Value for money
How to Quote
Please provide a fully costed proposal which sets out:
- Your approach
- An indicative work plan
- Relevant experience
- How you meet the criteria
- 2 referees
Send your proposal to Keith Jeffrey, MD of CU Social Enterprise CIC by 5pm on Friday 28th June. You can contact Keith on 07557 425016.
June 28th Submission Deadline
w/c July 8th Interviews
Sept 20th Submission of final report