Place Category: Education & Training
Hope Enterprises is a social enterprise and community interest company set up by Northampton’s Hope Centre, a charity, with more than 40 years’ experience working with the town’s homeless, poor and excluded.
Through giving training and work, at a fair rate of pay, in a supportive environment, we help people to rejoin society and stand on their own two feet
Hope Enterprises has three elements: –
Hope Catering – contract catering and buffets for business meetings, parties and events
Hope Tools – a recycling and training social enterprise, refurbishing second-hand garden tools
Hope PAT Testing – routine safety checking for all electrical appliances
Our service delivery is a ‘hand up’ not a ‘hand out’ provision and we help our clients to move away from a life living on margins of society. We encourage them to empower their lives, so that they can engage in main stream society as active members.
Social Impact Declaration: Social-Impact-Declaration_Hope-Enterprises.pdf
Social Impact Statements:
Social Impact Statements
The Social Enterprise Mark criteria includes a requirement that the applicant can demonstrate that social and/or environmental objectives are being achieved.
In support of this, new applicants and renewing Mark holders must submit Social Impact Statements that summarise their headline activities and achievements, helping show how they are striving to make a difference and stand up to scrutiny of purpose as a social enterprise.
Updated October 2016
1) Helping people to rejoin society
Through providing training and work, at a fair rate of pay, in a supportive environment, we help people to rejoin society and stand on their own two feet.
Hope Enterprises has three elements:
- Hope Catering - contract catering and buffets for business meetings, parties and events
- Hope Tools - a recycling and training social enterprise, refurbishing second-hand garden tools
- Hope PAT Testing - routine safety checking for all electrical appliances
2) Measures of support provided
- We have engaged 72 people in training and work experience
- We have opened three new cafes
- We are developing a new business, Hope Gardening
- We have offered over 3,500 hours of client experience
3) Benefits for trainees
As a result of their training, our trainees will have far greater potential to get work through acquisition of skills, confidence and experience.
They also gain skills in looking after themselves and cooking and managing a budget and other requirements for a working life.
We have been unable to employ any trainees this year.