We may occasionally make changes to this policy, so please check this page from time to time to make sure that you’re happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 21st May 2018.
By using this website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Social Enterprise Mark CIC (Registered Company number 07133698) is the social enterprise accreditation authority, which ensures the social enterprise business model remains ethical, credible and commercial through accreditation. We are responsible for assessing applications for the internationally recognised Social Enterprise Mark and Social Enterprise Gold Mark.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy, and will collect and use the personal data that you share with us transparently, honestly and fairly.
We collect information about you when you submit an enquiry or register an interest in our services. We may also collect some personal details when you voluntarily complete surveys, or participate in votes and competitions.
We will usually ask for your name, email address and/or phone number, along with basic information about your organisation, including name and website address.
We may also request other information, where it is appropriate and relevant, for example to submit an application for our accreditation. This may include postal address, company registration details, and company accounts.
Website usage information is collected using cookies*; this can include information about your computer and about your use of this website, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and page views.
We use Google Analytics to collect anonymous information about how visitors use our website. This information is anonymous and therefore we don’t store your name or address. We use this data to improve your website experience. The cookies collect non-identifiable information such as:
- The number of visitors to the site
- Where visitors have come to the site from
- The pages they visited on the site
Providing us with your personal data is entirely voluntary, although without providing us with some personal data, you may be unable to take specific actions on this site, for example submitting an enquiry or registering your interest in our services.
* A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive to allow that website to recognise you when you visit. They help improve things by measuring how you use the website so we can improve its performance. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or https://cookies.insites.com/. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and can also remove cookies from your browser.
We may use your information to:
- respond to an enquiry you have submitted online
- process your application for accreditation
- manage your annual licence (in the event that you submit a successful application for accreditation)
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you, for example our monthly newsletter and updates about our organisation and services
We would like to keep you up to date with information about our services. If you have consented to receive marketing communications, you can opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email, or by contacting us.
We will never share your information with third parties without your explicit consent.
The security of your personal information is important to us and we will strive to ensure that appropriate measures are in place to prevent the loss, destruction, misuse, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access to your personal information.
Your information is only accessible by Social Enterprise Mark CIC staff and trusted contractors.
Please note that no method of online transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure. Whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we are unable to guarantee its absolute security. As such we make no warranties as to the level of security afforded to your data, except that we will always act in accordance with the relevant UK and EU legislation.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information we hold, please email or write to us at the following address:
Social Enterprise Mark CIC
Unit 40a HQ Business Centre
237 Union Street
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
You also have a choice about whether you wish to receive information from us. You can select your choices by ticking the relevant box on the form on which we collect your information. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time; this includes the right to ask us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes or to be unsubscribed from our email list at any time.
- by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- by writing to us at Social Enterprise Mark CIC, Unit 40a HQ Business Centre, 237 Union Street, Plymouth PL1 3HQ