Positive responses to the ecological emergency; how consumers, businesses and campaigners can work together to help tackle climate change and environmental breakdown.
This conference will bring together campaigners, consumers, businesses and experts to investigate holistic approaches to the environmental crisis that incorporates human and workers’ rights in our urgent move towards a zero-carbon future.
- Rob Harrison – Ethical Consumer Co-Founder – How consumer markets have responded to the climate crisis since Ethical Consumer started 30 years ago.
- Miatta Fahnbulleh – Chief Executive of the New Economics Foundation – on a Green New Deal.
- Chris Warburton-Brown – Research Director at the Permaculture Association – How businesses can take a permaculture approach to the climate crisis.
- Guy Singh-Watson – Founder of Riverford organic farm and organic vegetable box delivery company.
- Delia McGrath – Journalist and member of SOC-SAT Union – Climate change, migration and workers’ rights in southern Spain.
- Asad Rehman – Director of War on Want – Human rights.
- Jay Tompt – Co-founder of the Totnes REconomy Project and Associate Lecturer in Economics at Plymouth University – De-growth strategies.
- John McNally MP – SNP environmental spokesperson and member of the Parliamentary Environmental Audit Committee.
- Filipa Pimentel – National Hubs Coordinator of Transition Network on a just transition to a low-carbon economy.