Place Category: Health & Social Care
UK Counselling Network is an innovative counselling and psychotherapy service dedicated to making therapy accessible across the UK.
Our mission is to make quality therapy available to everyone across the United Kingdom. We offer a range of counselling services to meet your budget and location throughout the UK. Accessible online, face to face and telephone.
As well as offering a great service to our clients, we also act as a placement provider for local Counselling and Psychotherapy training providers. We offer a supportive and friendly environment in which trainees can hone their skills as they build their required hours for qualification.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Social Impact Statements
The Social Enterprise Mark criteria includes a requirement that the applicant can demonstrate that social and/or environmental objectives are being achieved.
In support of this, new applicants and renewing Mark holders are asked to respond to a set of social impact questions, which are designed to help them think about the social impact they create, and to articulate this clearly and succinctly.
Updated September 2021
1) What are the main social differences you have aimed to make (or supported)?
We believe in the power of counselling and psychotherapy to support people in optimum mental health functioning. Strong mental functioning increases the options open to clients. Our mission is to make high quality counselling and psychotherapy available and accessible to all. We address this issue by offering affordable and online counselling that overcomes the two main barriers to therapy, i.e cost and availability in the local area.
We believe that our work helps clients find autonomy and agency so that they have increased options for healthy functioning.
Anecdotal evidence and client testimonials show that our work has helped clients move away from psychological pain. We also believe that our work supports clients in creating better relationships
2) What actions have you taken to deliver the aims described above?
Our core activity is the delivery of affordable counselling
3) What has changed, what specific outcomes and benefits have been realised as a result of the above actions?
“I just wanted to get in touch to say how much your business has helped me. I was in an awful place 7 weeks ago and I reached out for help and you delivered. I wasn’t holding out much hope, but you’ve exceeded expectations. I’ve happily recommended your business to family and members of M.I.N.T men’s mental health group.
I also wanted to take this opportunity to say how much of a fantastic job Nicky has done in guiding me out of this darkness. She’s a credit to you and I’m incredibly thankful our paths crossed. She managed to help me demystify issues I’ve held for a very long time and address them in a positive manner. This week is my final session, but I see myself returning due the sheer value I have got from them.”
This is typical of the type of change reported by clients.
We see our key stakeholders as being: clients, placements, local referral agencies counselling and psychotherapy training establishments.
4) Please describe how your income and/or any profits generated from previous years has been maximised in delivering social outputs and adding social value.
2020 is the first year in which we made a profit. We have reinvested the. But of the profit in the following ways:
- Increasing the provision of free supervision groups to support the development of our volunteer placements
- Providing training bursaries to students from underrepresented backgrounds
- Providing free and subsidised CPD training to placements
The below questions are not mandatory, but Mark holders are encouraged to answer them where possible, to provide a fuller account of their social outcomes and the social value they create.
5) How do you and other people know your aims are being achieved? Or how will you know?
We are only at the start of measuring our social impact. As mentioned above we are trialling some quantitive and qualitative outcome measures to build a picture of out impact on clients.
6) How many people have benefitted from your actions and what measures of benefit can you report?
- 2019 approx. 100 clients
- 2020 248 Clients
- 2021 330 to date
7) What examples can you provide of a typical service user experience, that help illustrate the benefits they have experienced as a result of your actions?
See client testimonial in question 3.