This Toolkit is aimed at helping small social sector organisations to:
- Design and deliver effective probation procedures and practices tailored to individual organisations
- Guide managers in delivering effective probation processes to maximise the potential and success of new employees in their roles
- Keep records of probation reviews
- Understand and meet minimum legislative requirements at the start of employment and beyond
- Treat new employees fairly, in line with equality of opportunity, the principles of diversity and inclusion and with transparency and accountability
- Evaluate probation procedures that have taken place and use this information to improve recruitment, selection, induction and probation outcomes in the future
- Maintain the minimum possible cost and administrative burden balanced against the direct and indirect financial costs of failing to use probation effectively.
Visit the Roots HR website to order your free Probation Toolkit.